Monday, February 12, 2007

CISC

First of all it took me FOREVER to even figure out how to log into
this blogger. Finally after about 30 mins. of attempting to sign into
our group, it allowed me. Chapter 1 seems simple enough, I've glanced
through it to review the main subjects. I have a fairly good general
knowledge of computers and tend to catch on fairly quickly when it
comes to learning how to use systems, so hopefully that will apply to
this class. However, I know and understand nothing about the hardware
and inter workings of computers, so hopefully I won't need to know too
much about those type of things.

Within the first chapter they discuss they many products that people
now-a-days tend to own. I myself own a cell phone, a laptop and a
regular computer desktop. I work as a cashier and a full time student,
so I'm basically using a computer for the good part of everyday. I for
one would be lost without them, I've grown up with the generation who
has never really had to live without these types of technological
advances. My mother and father on the other hand, seem to just barely
understand how to open up their e-mail accounts and search for items
on-line.

No comments: