Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Google Search

For this Blog assignment I used the search tool Yahoo! This is is a tool that I have not used before. I normaly use the search tool google. I normally search with google simply because I am accustom to it and because I believe it mainly stays on topic with your results. I decided to search for baby names to see what type of results I would recieve and knowing that it would most likely give me a wide varities of results.
As I expected from being a popular subject to search the top 10 and even more were all relevant to my request. The URL of the first hit I received was http://www.babycenter.com. At the top of the page the information at the top right said that I was looking at page one of about 40,800,000 in approximately 0.08 seconds.
I may be able to do a number of things to reduce the number of hits that I receive by typing in more specific search words. Such words may include gender specfic names, most popular names, name meanings or even by perhaps even knowning the type of background you want your babies name to include.

No comments: